New Years Eve is upon us. It's the one time of year where we don't even pretend that we're going to take it easy. You'll drink to much, party a little too hard, and pass out not quite in the place you expected to. The conversation in your head will go something like this, "It's ok, it's only once a year, and new year's eve is a pretty spesh night." Flash to next morning, "Holy crap, what happened, where am I?! I feel like complete trash! last night was a bad idea..." Did I exaggerate? Maybe... Maybe not. One thing that isn't an exaggeration is the fact that you're going to look like hell. You're going to try and leg it to your PJs as fast as possible and then collapse on the nearest cushioned surface. But not everyone has an easy out on new years day, what with family lunches and G-rated social gatherings to attend. So before you're able to pass out in a safe place here's some ways you can rock the post-NYE hangover face, while still looking like a goddess.
1. Hydrate like a beached whalePack on the moisture. You're skin will eat it up. Alcohol dehydrates, and combined with a lack of sleep, well... Your skin is going to look like a crumpled brown paper bag. Pop on a lifting and hydrating mask in the morning. Apply a water based serum rich in vitamin E and hyaluronic acid before slapping on some serious moisturizer. Then drink as much water as possible.
2. Go lightIt's completely natural to wakeup looking like crumpled mess and think, "S#&T! Time to cake on the thickest, fullest coverage cream foundation that I own! No one will be able to tell..." Well, babe, your skin can tell. You're not fooling anyone with over the top makeup, you're only clogging your pores. You're skin will freak out and, if you're acne prone, break the hell out. You'll be tempted to pack on more makeup, and the downward spiral continues. Go for super light coverage instead. Color correcting primer to fix those panda eyes, followed by tinted moisturizer and a touch of liquid illuminator should do the trick.
3. Fake the eyesJust because you have dark circles under your eyes does not give you an excuse to put dark circles above them. You're already feeling sleepy, your go to smokey eye is only going to make you look sleepy. Stick to nude colors for your eye shadow. Curl your lashes and apply brown mascara to lighten, and finally, a pro tip. Apply white or a light silvery eye liner to your inner corner of your eye and lower eyelid above the lash line. Voila, big wide doe eyes.
4. Go naturalThe last thing you want to do in your state is to draw attention to yourself. Skip the electric blue eye shadow, and neon orange lipstick. Keep cool like a cucumber by keeping it natural. Stick to lightly tinted moisturizing lip gloss or lip balm (don't pick bright strawberry as your tint of choice). Your cracked and dry lips will thank you for it. If you can get one that smells nice as well, that'll cover up that garlic kebab you had last night.
5. CBF'd? Wear sunnies to matchSo you've given up on new years day, but you have to go out? No probs, babe. Huge dark glasses that tell everyone to leave you alone will do the trick.
Need some additional post-NYE anti-hangover help? Try our Laneige Moisture Trial Kit! All the heavy duty moisturizing you will ever need in one compact box from South Korea's leading skincare maker! How do you plan to take care of yourself post-NYE? Let us know how we can help!